Voting FAQs & Issues
What to do if I have a voting issue …
If during the voting process you are having technical issues or think there may be an error in your ballot, please do the following:
- Do NOT submit your ballot. Once your ballot is submitted, it cannot be changed or rescinded.
- Take a Screenshot of the problem.
On a Windows PC, press ALT+PrintScreen. Then, paste the image into a program such as Paint and save it.
On a Mac, press COMMAND+SHIFT+3. The image is automatically saved as a .png file on your desktop.
- Once the Screenshot is saved, close your browser window that has the ballot completely. Do not just close the single tab.
- E-mail the screenshot and an explanation of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may wish to completely log out of the computer to ensure that your login to the voting system is completely cleared.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I go to vote?
Voting can be accessed via the CSEC home page. You can access the voting platform from any computer or personal device.
- How do I know my vote has been counted?
Once you submit your ballot, your votes will be added to the rolls. Please be sure to follow all prompts in the system to ensure your ballot is completely submitted.
- What sort of security measures are in place?
The only way to access the voting system is with your NetID and Active Directory password. Campus Labs Engage is set to recognize the logged-in user and present the respective set of ballots based on college and major.
- When can I vote?
For Fall Referendums (when applicable):
Information concerning which referendums are on the fall ballot and when voting will take place will be posted on this website before voting opens.
For the Spring Ballot:
Information concerning election candidates and referendums on the spring ballot will be posted online before voting opens in March.
- What if the system says my NetID has already voted?
An individual NetID can only vote once. If you know you did not cast a vote, but the system states that your NetID has already voted, it is possible that your University network account has been compromised.
If you believe that your University password has been lost or stolen or that your University account has been accessed by someone other than you, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk at +1 (217) 244-7000 or email@example.com to protect your account and/or reset your password.
- Can I change my vote during the voting process or after I submit? Can I submit my vote once and then come back and change it?
The ballot system will check for errors in overvoting, but once you submit the ballot, it is final.
- What should I do if the system is taking a long time to load a ballot?
Please be patient; there may be many people voting at the same time, especially during peak hours such as lunch or between class periods. You can wait until the ballot loads or just come back later.
- For elections, what order are the candidates in?
The order of candidates is rotated by the computer so that no one candidate always has the advantage of being the first person on the list.
- What if I vote for too many people in one election?
The voting system will check your ballot if you overvoted.